As Communication Service Providers (CSPs) transform into Digital Service Providers, service assurance projects are taking an increasingly critical role. Emerging use cases require new capabilities, and service assurance platform owners need to define how to:
- Implement the service assurance feedback loop that an orchestration solution requires for network automation.
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLAs), offered through self-service portals, can be delivered.
- Automatically test that services have been properly activated.
- Efficiently monitor SD-WAN and 5G network slices and gain a real-time understanding of the service levels experienced by customers.
- Efficiently troubleshoot service chains established over complex, multilayered, multi-domain networks composed of physical and ritualized network functions
So how do you engineer a modern assurance platform that will respond to the emerging requirements? Which technology comes to the rescue while you have already invested in an expensive service assurance platform, and are also contemplating Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) ?
This white paper examines current service assurance systems and how they relate to Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning.